There’s an emergency need for blood -patients are counting on you. Please make an appointment to donate with us at our upcoming drive today.
Tuesday, October 3, 2017 8:30 – 2:30pm
Located in our building at 7550 France Avenue South, Edina
REGISTER ONLINE (sponsor code = CBBIDH) or contact Lisa at (952)922-2345 / firstname.lastname@example.org
It feels great to donate! Here are some of the benefits:
- It’s something you can spare… yet, there is still not enough to go around.
- You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed – most people don’t think they’ll ever need blood, but many do.
- You will be someone’s hero – in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.
Medical Reasons to Donate Blood:
- Donating blood regularly can significantly reduce the risk of heart disease (especially in men and postmenopausal women). According to a study published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, those who donate bi-yearly were 88% less likely to suffer a heart attack due to the lowering of iron levels in the body.
- You’ll have better blood flow. Diets high in sugar, smoking, emotional stress, anxiety, high cholesterol, and high uric acid levels make your blood thick and slow moving (hypercoagulable). This increases your risk of having a blood clot or stroke. Hypercoagulable blood contributes to inflammation because your blood can’t flow well and oxygen cannot get to your tissues. Repeated blood donations can help your blood to flow better resulting in less blockage.
- Free Health Check-Up. A series of health check-ups are performed on the donor totally free of cost. This will be of great benefit to you. You will come to know of any blood pressure abnormalities. Further, after the blood is donated, the blood and blood products that are derived from them are screened for certain infections. You can choose to be informed if they find any abnormality in those screening tests. Frequent blood donations are good free health check-ups that will help you stay healthy.
- Burns Calories. Believe it or not, donating blood increases you calorie burn! It is estimated that one pint of donated blood results in about 650 calories burned.
First time blood donors? Check the American Red Cross to know the entire procedure of donating blood. And you can pass this message on and motivate others too.
We hope you’ll join us for our October 3rd blood drive. Stop in the clinic afterwards and receive 10% off your entire purchase of supplements or skincare products.