Dairy Free Potato Soup with Kale
Creamy Dairy Free Potato Soup with Kale
A thick, creamy, hearty and delicious DAIRY FREE Potato Soup loaded with veggies. Grab a spoon and dig in!
2 cloves garlic, minced ½ onion, diced 2 ribs celery, diced 1 carrot, peeled and diced ½ cup frozen corn kernels (or fresh if you have it) 4 cups diced potatoes, peeled (about 56 medium size) 3 cups vegetable broth ½ tsp dried dill ½ tsp celery salt salt/pepper to taste 1 cup chopped kale ¼ cup coconut milk (I used So Delicious Dairy Free Culinary Coconut Milk), optional a few dashes sriracha or hot sauce
- Sauté the onion and garlic with 12 tbsp water in a soup pot over medium heat for about 3 minutes until starting to soften
- Add the carrot and celery and sauté 34 more minutes. Add another tbsp or 2 of water if needed so the vegetables don’t stick.
- Add the vegetable broth, potatoes, dill, celery salt, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, puree about ¼ ⅓ of the soup to create a thick creamy base. (alternatively, take about 2 cups of the soup and puree it in a blender and then return it to the soup pot).
- Add the corn and kale, stir to combine and simmer 5 more minutes to heat through.
- Take off heat and add coconut milk, if using.
- Serve with a few dashes of sriracha or hot sauce if desired.
Recipe by Veggie Inspired at http://www.veggieinspiredjourney.com/2015/03/21/creamydairyfreepotatosoupwithkale
Enjoy! Sarah, RN @ Innovative Directions in Health