Dr. Sinda recommends the highest quality and potency of nutritional supplements to best support your health.
There are many choices in the dietary supplement and vitamin market. At our clinic, we offer a variety of nutritional products from the nutritional providers Dr. Sinda has selected. Products can be picked up, ordered by phone (952)922-2345 or ordered via email.
In addition NutriDyn and Metagenic products can be ordered directly from the distributor. A 10% discount will be applied to all products ordered from the website. Products will be shipped immediately and directly to your home.
Follow these steps to set up an account:
- Go to nutridyn.com
- Enter your contact information and Submit
- Enter our Physician Account Number: 101095
Once you are registered you can place orders for the supplements you need. In addition you have access to order any products they carry.
Do you suffer from Migraines?
Migraines are headaches and are usually pounding and one sided. They are associated with nausea and light sensitivity.
They can be debilitating and last for days. Research over the past several years has shown that they may be associated with increased risk of stroke.
Elevated blood homocysteine levels, which are markers of systemic inflammation, are also associated with both stroke risk and migraine.
Triggers for migraines can be food, wine, lack of sleep, stress etc. Hormone imbalances (such as high estrogen and low progesterone in PMS times) can trigger migraines as well. Proper hormone replacement using natural bioidentical progesterone often helps prevent these cyclical migraines.
Supplements that are often helpful in migraine prevention and are available in our clinic are: coenzyme Q-10, magnesium and high quality B-complex vitamins.
If you suffer from migraines, if may be a good idea to have your homocysteine levels checked at your next IDH appointment or with your family doctor.
–Rich Sinda, DO
EXTREME PROTECT SPF 30
Hydrating, Restorative, Ultimate Protection
EXTREME PROTECT SPF 30 provides extraordinary protection by combining broad-spectrum UVA/UVB protection and powerful antioxidants to mitigate oxidative solar damage. Featuring micro-fine zinc oxide and micro-encapsulated organic active sunscreens, EXTREME PROTECT SPF 30 offers advanced sun protection.
This is a fabulous physical formula, 30 SPF. Glides on, leaves zero residue and leaves your skin feeling soft and moisturized. It’s great to wear under makeup and keeps the freckles away.
• Provides unprecedented multi-level broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection
• Protects against environmental damage with Extremozyme® technology
• Reduces the appearance of erythema (sunburn)
• Hydrates, smoothes and softens
• Diminishes the appearance of fine lines & wrinkles
• Provides an antioxidant-rich protective barrier
How to use: Last step in the morning before makeup or by itself if you’re zooming out the door. Great to use on kids!
- Octinoxate 5.5% | Safe, organic broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen, encapsulated for better efficacy and safety
- Zinc Oxide 4.12% | Safe, physical broad-spectrum UVA/UVB sunscreen provides a physical barrier to absorb UV radiation
- Vitamin E & Aloe | A highly effective moisturizer, hydrator and antioxidant that protects against UV photo-damage
Protect your skin all year long. Stop by or contact our clinic in Edina. No appointment needed!
Are you tired of hearing how tired you look??
As I consult with my clients, one of the top concerns that almost always comes up is their desire to look more rested.
Under-eye puffiness, bags, fine lines under the eyes…these are all are common complaints I hear from women. However, there is another concern that is coming up even more and that is under-eye hollows. Women who experience them say they feel like they look tired even when they aren’t. They are often asked the dreaded question “Are you tired today?” by multiple people throughout the day.
Yes, topical products containing the ingredients caffeine, vitamin K, retinol and vitamin C, just to name a few can help to an extent with the appearance of the area. They do help with discoloration, increasing collagen, brightening the area and reducing puffiness, BUT when volume loss is the culprit for this less-than-desirable hollowed-out effect, fillers are the answer.
I’ll tell you why. A few things happen at the same time that really have a significant effect:
1. The fat pads that line this area separate and drop leaving the area with a hollow look.
2. There is also a loss (deterioration) of bone as we age leaving the face with less structural support.
3. The under eye skin area that is already thin begins to lose elastin and collagen support and begins to sag.
Below is a picture of one of my clients who was experiencing fine lines, hollows under her eyes and was sporting a “very tired look”. I injected under her eyes with Vobella dermal filler and immediately her eyes looked more refreshed and younger. She did not have any swelling or bruising and was very pleased with her natural looking fix for her tired looking eyes.
Vobella is new to the market and is a softer hyaluronic acid filler that lasts approximately a year. I also frequently inject Bellafill (the five year filler that grows your own collagen) under the eyes with the same beautiful results.
I believe dermal fillers under the eyes produce fabulous results, but I do caution patients to only seek out healthcare professionals who have appropriate training, experience, and knowledge of facial anatomy. (I have seen the consequences of patients seeing an inexperienced injector).
It is always best to have a consultation first to determine which dermal filler (there are many different kinds on the market) would be best for you and the area you want treated.
I would be happy to meet with you and help you to achieve the results you desire. You can call the clinic at (952)922-2345 or contact me here.
Jill, RN & Injector at Innovative Directions in Health
To ensure you get the best possible results after your wrinkle fighting treatment here are some things you should and should not do before and after you get Botox or Dysport.
These treatments relax and soften fine lines and wrinkles
Botox and Dysport are most often used on forehead lines, crow’s feet (lines around the eye) and frown lines.
BEFORE Treatment Checklist
- First and foremost select an experienced provider – Choosing a provider who knows and understands the anatomy of the face and has several years of experience injecting is very important. Good results depend on the skill and technique of the injector, so do your research.
- Discuss your ideal results – Talk to your provider about what areas bother you. Botox and Dysport injections are customizable varying by how much muscle movement you desire. In addition, there may be a different treatment better suited for the area you want treated.
- Stop taking medications that can thin the blood 4 days prior to treatment to minimize potential bruising. Taking Tylenol for pain medication is okay.
* Aspirin, Ibuprofen, Advil, Excedrin, Motrin
* John’s Wart, Vitamin E, Fish Oil, Ginkgo Biloba, Ginseng, Flax Seed Oil
* Alcohol – avoid 48 hours prior to treatment
- Start taking Arnica tablets if you bruise easily 4 days prior. Arnica pills (not gel) can help prevent bruising. Follow the label instructions continue use for 2 days after injections.
AFTER Treatment Checklist
- Do not touch the area injected until injection sites have closed. You can gently cleanse your face before bed but blot dry, do not rub dry with a towel.
- To avoid having the Botox or Dysport spread into other unintended muscles:
* Do not rub or massage the treated area for 24 hours. Avoid getting a massage or facial as well.
* Do not lay down for 4 hours after treatment.
* Avoid strenuous physical activity especially jumping up and down day of injections.
* Do not wear a hat. You want to avoid having anything pushing down on the forehead if treated there.
* Avoid a jacuzzi, hot tub or sauna as the heat can cause the Botox / Dysport to spread.
- Over-use your muscles the day of injections. Making a lot of facial expressions will work the Botox and Dysport into your muscle.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours after treatment.
- If you get a bruise, topical arnica gel or vitamin K gel can help to make it go away faster.
- Full results typically take 10-14 days. A touch-up may be needed to tweak your results. Wait until at least 10 days to contact your provider.
Reviewing this list before receiving a Botox or Dysport injection will improve your experience and help to ensure you receive the best results.
Our Nurse Injectors always offer free Botox consultations and check-in visits. If you would like to see if a Botox/Dysport treatment will give you the results you desire, give us a call at (952)922-2345 and chat over the phone or make an appointment.