The Anti-Aging Blog
Congratulations LINDA WONG, winner of the $800 Bellafill Treatment in our ‘Guess How Many Collagen Microspheres contest’! She guessed 250, the lucky number was 261. Thanks to everyone who participated!
Learn more about Bellafill at our upcoming Informational Session:
Wednesday, Feb 15 | 12-1pm – RSVP below
Did you know that with Bellafill, the body is able to reverse backwards and re-grow lost tissue which is the actual cause of the aging face?
Although temporary fillers provide beautiful results, they are simply are not effective in the long run. The hyaluronic acid is absorbed by the body and requires repeated injections to maintain the benefit.
Bellafill is not absorbed into the body due its unique patented microspheres. The beads act as a bio-stimulant simulating your cells to make new tissue and collagen creating a longer lasting and natural method of reducing wrinkles.
Formal FDA studies have shown that Bellafill will last at least 5 years. Bellafill is extremely safe and well tested. It is the only FDA approved “permanent” filler. In essence, patients “own” their new youthful looks rather than renting them as with temporary dermal fillers. While Bellafill’s effect does not last forever due to the natural aging process, it continues to be a strong structural base to build upon.
Our Nurse, Jill has worked a lot with Bellafill and is one of the top 1% providers in the US. She would be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have about this treatment. Contact Jill.
Bring a friend and join us in our clinic on Wednesday, 2/15 from 12-1pm to learn more about Bellafill. RSVP here:
There are many benefits of having a healthy body composition.
By reducing your overall amount of body fat, you can improve your body composition and overall quality of life, as well as extend your lifespan.
Here are just some of the benefits of having a healthy body composition:
- Normal blood pressure level
- Improved quality of sleep
- Improved mood and self-confidence
- Increased energy and endurance throughout the day
- Reduced pain in joints, hips, and lower back
- Improved blood circulation — leading to lower risk for heart disease
- Improved breathing, respiration, and lung function
- Improved glucose tolerance and insulin sensitivity
In our office, we measure Body Composition by Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA). Our body composition analyzer provides an estimated measurement based on body type for the values below:
- Body Fat % – Fat % is amount of body fat as a proportion of body weight.
- Fat Mass – Total weight of fat mass in the body.
- Fat Free Mass (FFM) – Fat Free Mass is comprised of muscle, bone, tissue, water and all other fat free mass in the body.
- Water Mass – The amount of water retained by the body. Water plays a vital role in many of the body’s processes and is found in every cell, tissue and organ. Maintaining a healthy total body water percentage will ensure the body functions efficiently. It is important to look for long-term changes in total body water percentage and maintain a consistent, healthy total body water percentage. Average ranges for healthy adults are: Female 45 – 60%; Male 50 – 65%.
- Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) – The minimum level of energy (i.e. calories) your body needs when at rest to function effectively including your respiratory and circulatory organs, neural system, liver, kidneys and other organs. About 70% of calories consumed every day are used for your basal metabolism. Having a higher basal metabolism will increase the number of calories used and help to decrease the amount of body fat. A low basal metabolic rate will make it harder to lose body fat and overall weight. BMR is the first step in getting an idea of how much fuel you need to keep your engine roaring all day long – It is the minimum number of calories you should eat on a daily basis.
- Body Mass Index (BMI) – BMI can be used to indicate if you are overweight, obese, underweight or normal. A healthy BMI score is between 18.5 and 25.Use this Online BMI calculator.
How can a machine measure all of this Information?
The machine is able to get this information by measuring bioelectrical impedance in the body. Fat within the body allows almost no electricity to pass through, while electricity passes rather easily though water, much of which is found in muscles. The degree of difficulty with which electricity passes through a substance is known as the electrical resistance, and the percentage of fat and other body constituents can be inferred from measurements of this resistance.
Recheck your Body Composition
Remember — when it comes to health, every little bit counts, and even a modest weight loss of 5 to 10% of your body weight significantly lowers your obesity-related disease risk. If you’re not sure where to begin, consult nutrition and fitness professionals for help with your diet and exercise regimens.
We would be happy to recheck your body composition at any time, stop in or call to set up an appointment with our Nurse to monitor your progress.
Did you know that a main cause of hormone-related health problems in women is not due to the deficiency of estrogen or progesterone but rather the ratio of estrogen to progesterone?
BioIdentical Hormone replacement therapy with estrogen alone without an opposing progesterone should be avoided.
It is important to have both your estrogen and progesterone levels tested at the same time.
Some Symptoms of Estrogen dominance are:
- Decreased sex drive
- Irregular / abnormal menstrual periods
- Breast swelling and tenderness
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Headaches (especially during PMS)
- Mood swings
- Weight and/or fat gain (around the hips)
- Sluggish metabolism
- Trouble sleeping/insomnia
If you are interested in exploring your options to decrease estrogen dominance or would like a second opinion if you are being treated with only estrogen, contact our clinic to set up a consultation with Dr. Sinda.
A new product just came to the market for restoring the lips! It is called Juvederm Volbella XC and it is unlike any other product I have used for enhancing the lips.
Vobella contains an advanced formula of hyaluronic acid. It is a smooth gel that has been specifically made to give the lips a soft, natural, hydrated feel while smoothing the lines in the body of the lip. The fill can last up to a year and contains lidocaine as an ingredient making treatment more comfortable.
My personal experience with Vobella:
I have naturally fuller lips and did not want to add more volume to them. However, I do have etched lines in my lips that peel and crack even with numerous application of lip balms. I injected Vobella into both my upper and lower lips. I was very impressed with the outcome. My lips do not look bigger or pouty, they look smoother and restored. I was very happy to notice when I wore lip color it did not gather in my lip lines! In addition, I did not have swelling the first day as I have seen in my clients with the other lip fillers! (Please keep in mind every person’s inflammation response if different).
I am very excited about this product! It is FDA approved to last up to a year and can also be used in the lines around the lip.
If you want a subtle smoothing of lip lines and softer more hydrated lips, this is the product for you! Make an appointment to come see me and together we can take a look and see if Vobella would be a good option for you!
Jill Porter, RN / Injection Specialist
According to a survey conducted by the America Society for Dermatologic Surgery in 2014:
“68% of people say they are bothered by submental fullness “chin fat”.
Sometimes, no matter how much you diet or exercise, a double chin or jowls may not go away, and can make you look older and heavier than you actually are.
We have a non-surgical solution for you – LipoSculpture!
What is LipoSculpture?
LipoSculpture is a soy formulation of phosphatidyl choline and deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule in the body that aids in the breakdown and absorption of fat.
When injected is causes the destruction of fat cells. Once destroyed, those cells cannot store or accumulate fat.
Is LipoSculpture right for me?
LipoSculpture may be right for you if:
- You’re bothered by fullness in your lower face and chin area
- You prefer not to have a surgical treatment
- You eat well and exercise, but the jowls and neck fat do not go away
How is LipoSculpture Administered?
LipoSculpture is typically a 30 minute in-office treatment. After a soothing ultrasound treatment to the area to improve the liquefaction of the fat cells, our nurse injector gives a series of injections into the fat under your chin and/or in the jowling areas. Most of our patients only need 1 treatment to achieve desired results.
Is There Downtime?
There is a significant amount of swelling that occurs the first few days after the treatment and some tenderness. Often, patients have the treatment on a Wednesday or Thursday and return to work by Monday. After the swelling subsides, the fat gradually breaks down and is excreted out of your body creating a smoother jawline, a slimmer chin and more youthful look. Patients frequently tell us that their friends and family keep asking them if they have lost weight. Patients return to our clinic 10-12 weeks later to review the slimming results.
For more information about LipoSculpture and how you can schedule your appointment, call our office at (952)922-2345 or email email@example.com.
You can also view more information on our website at http://idinhealth.com/facial-and-body-sculpting/liposculpture/
KSTP TV Twin Cities Live Reports
You have choices when it comes to smoothing out your skin. Twin Cities Live TV Reporter, Kelli Hanson, investigates Bellafill, a promising treatment on the market. Find out why, Innovative Directions in Health’s Injector, Jill Porter says Bellafill offers permanent results lasting over 5 years and how it provides the most natural looking results on the market for wrinkles and replacing volume.
Could Bellafill be the “fountain of youth” for the face?
Bellafill is unique – not only does it immediately fill out your skin, but it’s specially formulated to ensure the injections don’t disappear through absorption into your body. Instead, it is a dual-acting filler and its microspheres vitalize your own skin to produce more collagen, which continue to lift up the skin to its natural height, fading lines and wrinkles and restoring skin texture. This is the key to Bellafill’s long-lasting results – new collagen that is yours to keep.
Watch the news report video:
Jill Porter is a trainer for Bellafill providers and is one of the top Bellafill injectors in the Nation. Schedule a complimentary consultation to see how your appearance could benefit with Bellafill.
Home Made Veggie Soup
This is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious hearty vegetable soup. Vegetables are an essential part of a healthy diet but also taste fantastic, especially when made into soup. This soup is very easy to make – even if you have never cooked.
Stop by the farmers market to pick up your fresh veges. ENJOY!
-Sarah, Nurse at Innovative Directions in Health
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 16 oz. bag of frozen peas
- 1 6 oz. can of water chestnuts
- 1.5 cups of brown rice spiral noodles
- 2 large cartons of vegetable broth
- Seasoning of choice to taste (I used hot sauce, white pepper, cumin, garlic and salt)
Add carrots, celery, peas, water chestnuts and broth to pan and simmer for 45 minutes. Add brown rice noodles and simmer 5 more minutes.
We’ve teamed up again with the American Red Cross Blood Drive to Save Lives!
October 4 | 9 – 3pm
Join us for our 6th Blood Drive located in our building, the Edina Business Plaza on France Avenue in Edina.
Our goal is to collect 50 pints of blood.
This event is open to everyone – patients, family members, friends, etc! Please help us spread the word and join us on October 4th to donate blood and help us reach our goal!
Donating got easier with RapidPass!
RapidPass allows you to start the blood donation process from the comfort of your home or office and save time at the donation site. The process is simple, complete the interview questions online, then print your RapidPass and bring it with you or show it on your mobile device. Click here for more info!
Interesting Facts about Blood Needs:
- Patients can’t take a break from needing lifesaving blood. The need is constant!
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
- Nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- It is estimated that sickle cell disease affects 90,000 to 100,000 people in the U.S.
- The Red Cross has a unique responsibility to help ensure blood is available whenever and wherever it is needed.
- A need remains for donors with types O negative, A negative and B negative blood.
Please roll up a sleeve and donate with us! Your donation may help give hospital patients in need the chance to spend more time with loved ones.