Bellafill® for Nasolabial Folds
How It Works
Bellafill®has 2 main components:
- Smooth collagen gel (80%) forms the base of Bellafill, creating smooth, supple volume beneath the surface of the nasolabial folds.
- Polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) microspheres (20%) are suspended within the collagen gel. These form a sturdy scaffold where your own natural collagen grows.
Thanks to its 2 innovative components, Bellafill® creates instant results that you can enjoy as soon as you leave the office. As the original collagen gel fades away, your body naturally replaces it with your own collagen around the microspheres, for unparalleled long-term smoothness.
Candidacy & Safety
The best Bellafill® candidates are women or men, 21 and older, who are bothered by the look of their nasolabial folds and wish to avoid the regular touch-up treatments associated with other fillers.
Bellafill® is FDA approved, and both its collagen gel and its PMMA microspheres have established records of safety. PMMA is an acrylic material that’s widely used in medicine.
Bellafill® is safe for skin of all types and colors. However, an allergy test is required prior to treatment to make sure prospective patients aren’t sensitive to the product.
What is Bellafill® and how does it work?
Bellafill® is a smooth, collagen gel-based dermal filler that contains tiny PMMA microspheres. The collagen gel in Bellafill® provides immediate volume and lift to correct lines and wrinkles, smoothing them away for instant results. Even as the collagen is absorbed by your body, the PMMA microspheres remain in place, creating a “scaffold” that triggers and supports your own natural collagen production. Because your own collagen replaces the collagen gel from the initial injections, results last seamlessly through five years.
Is Bellafill® safe?
Yes. Bellafill® is FDA approved and has been proven safe and effective in rigorous clinical studies. Bellafill® performed very well in the largest and longest safety study ever conducted on dermal fillers. At the study’s completion, 83% of patients were still satisfied with their results 5 years after treatment.
As with many injectable fillers, you may experience bruising, itching, pain, swelling, redness, discoloration, lumpiness, bumps, acne, or increased sensitivity at the treatment site. These side effects usually resolve themselves quickly.
What results can I expect with Bellafill® ? How long does it take to see them?
Bellafill® creates a lasting improvement in your skin by smoothing out the lines around the nasolabial folds. There’s no required downtime after your treatment with Bellafill® . You can return to your normal routine immediately.
Bellafill® Cosmetic Talking Points
- Bellafill® is FDA approved to treat nasolabial folds in patients 21 and older.
- U.S. patients must undergo allergy testing before a treatment.
- Bellafill® is made of 80% bovine collagen gel and 20% polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) microspheres.
- PMMA microspheres provide a supportive scaffold, where your own collagen can grow.
- Bellafill® is administered in the clinical setting as an outpatient procedure.
- Bellafill® is formulated with 0.3% lidocaine for patient comfort.
- Patients may return to work and other daily obligations immediately.
- Side effects are temporary and usually limited to the injection sites; they include itching, sensitivity, redness, and lumps.
- Results are instantly appreciable and clinically proven to last through five years.
- Although a single treatment is often sufficient, each patient metabolizes collagen at different rates, and additional touch-ups may be necessary.
Safety & Statistics
- Bellafill® has been FDA approved for nasolabial folds since 2006.
- 91% of patients surveyed said they were likely to recommend Bellafill.
- 83% of patients were still satisfied with results five years after treatment.