You Can Make this Vege Soup
This is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious hearty vegetable soup. Vegetables are an essential part of a healthy diet but also taste fantastic, especially when made into soup. This soup is very easy to make – even if you have never cooked.
Stop by the farmers market to pick up your fresh veges. ENJOY!
-Sarah, Nurse at Innovative Directions in Health
- 3 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 16 oz. bag of frozen peas
- 1 6 oz. can of water chestnuts
- 1.5 cups of brown rice spiral noodles
- 2 large cartons of vegetable broth
- Seasoning of choice to taste (I used hot sauce, white pepper, cumin, garlic and salt)
Add carrots, celery, peas, water chestnuts and broth to pan and simmer for 45 minutes. Add brown rice noodles and simmer 5 more minutes.