Get Involved by Joining us to Donate
We’ve teamed up again with the American Red Cross Blood Drive to Save Lives!
October 4 | 9 – 3pm
Join us for our 6th Blood Drive located in our building, the Edina Business Plaza on France Avenue in Edina.
Our goal is to collect 50 pints of blood.
This event is open to everyone – patients, family members, friends, etc! Please help us spread the word and join us on October 4th to donate blood and help us reach our goal!
Donating got easier with RapidPass!
RapidPass allows you to start the blood donation process from the comfort of your home or office and save time at the donation site. The process is simple, complete the interview questions online, then print your RapidPass and bring it with you or show it on your mobile device. Click here for more info!
Interesting Facts about Blood Needs:
- Patients can’t take a break from needing lifesaving blood. The need is constant!
- Every two seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood.
- Approximately 36,000 units of red blood cells are needed every day in the U.S.
- Nearly 7,000 units of platelets and 10,000 units of plasma are needed daily in the U.S.
- Nearly 21 million blood components are transfused each year in the U.S.
- The average red blood cell transfusion is approximately 3 pints.
- The blood type most often requested by hospitals is type O.
- The blood used in an emergency is already on the shelves before the event occurs.
- It is estimated that sickle cell disease affects 90,000 to 100,000 people in the U.S.
- The Red Cross has a unique responsibility to help ensure blood is available whenever and wherever it is needed.
- A need remains for donors with types O negative, A negative and B negative blood.
Please roll up a sleeve and donate with us! Your donation may help give hospital patients in need the chance to spend more time with loved ones.
REGISTER HERE (Sponsor Code = CBBIDH)
or contact Lisa at (952)922-2345 or firstname.lastname@example.org