You Can Feel Like Yourself Again Too
Hi, it’s Jill the nurse from Innovative Directions in Health.
I started taking bio-identical hormone therapy in March, 2015, just a few days after I started working at Innovative Directions in Health.
I couldn’t wait to get started and feel like myself again.
I have an update to report on my progress to everyone. First off, had I known about this sooner I would have been feeling better years ago!
Nine months later, my life has changed with these very noticeable changes:
- More energy! I love my warm bed but I am eager and ready to get up in the morning.
- Libido has definitely improved.
- I am no longer a hermit. I enjoy going out and seeing people again. Before I had my hormones replenished and balanced, with my low energy I became comfortable just staying home.
- My hair, nails and skin are growing, healthy and glowing again. Since I have been feeling better taking my hormones and supplements my changes haven’t just been internal. My entire body is benefiting!
- I have lost 20lbs and went down 2 sizes in clothing! I often hear from patients how different I look now from when I started working at IDH.
- My family (especially my mom) says that the twinkle is back in my eyes.
- My memory has really improved. I still forget where I leave my cheaters and often find 3 pairs on my head but there is much less fogginess.
- Sleep is awesome (this is the biggest change for me!!). I sleep hard and enter REM sleep. I know this because I dream like crazy every night.
- My mood is upbeat and my spunk is back! I used to feel a little bit depressed at times.
The greatest part of my job is seeing all of these great improvements in our patients!
I have also noticed that menopausal symptoms for both men and women are similar to those of other medical conditions and as men and women try to bring these to the attention of their family physicians, it is unfortunate that many are not trained to correctly diagnose and/or successfully treat hormone imbalances.
If you are experiencing symptoms of a hormonal imbalance (some common symptoms are listed below), seek out a qualified physician in hormone therapy that monitors blood levels and prescribes bio-identical hormones in natural ways or schedule a consultation with Dr. Sinda, he’ll work with you to help develop a plan to get you feeling like yourself again!
Common Symptoms of a hormone imbalance:
- Night sweats
- Hot flashes
- Loss of desire
- Anxiety/Panic attacks
- Weight gain around the midsection
- Memory problems
- Vaginal dryness
- Hair loss
- Loss of strength
Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions while you are on your journey to regain your sense of self. My email is email@example.com.
Jill, RN at Innovative Directions in Health
Published on: 01-04-2016