Our Physicians & Staff
Dr. Richard Sinda
Dr. Richard Sinda was born and raised in the Detroit area. While earning his Bachelor of Arts in Biology at Kalamazoo College in Michigan, he did two research internships at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland; one working with breast cancer (at the National Cancer Institute) and the other with optimal vitamin C levels (at the National Institute of Diabetes and Kidney Diseases). He went on to Des Moines University and graduated with a Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, DO, degree 1991. Physicians of osteopathic medicine view a person’s body as an integrated system. He continued his medical internship and residency in Family Medicine in Detroit (affiliated with Michigan State) finishing in 1994. He has been board certified in Family Medicine since 1995.
Dr. Sinda practiced full time Family Medicine for 8 years in Michigan and then in Minnesota while moonlighting in Urgent Care that entire time. In 2002, he switched to full time Urgent Care while also developing clinical content for medical software in Minneapolis.
Dr. Sinda became certified in Age Management Medicine (AMM) in 2011 and joined Innovative Directions in Health practicing Preventive Medicine and Natural Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement. Our clinic protocols have a long track record of reducing hormonal symptoms and the risk of chronic diseases such as heart attack, stroke, dementia and cancer. Dr. Sinda also applies the principles of Functional Medicine in his patient treatment plans. Functional medicine addresses the underlying causes of disease, not just treating symptoms. He spends time with his patients, listening to their histories and looking at the interactions among genetic, environmental, and lifestyle factors that can influence long-term health. He also continues to work in Urgent Care while focusing on prevention 4 days a week at Innovative Directions in Health.
When he is not at work, Dr. Sinda enjoys spending time with his 3 sons, as well as playing guitar, running, traveling and reading about science and science fiction. He resides in Bloomington, MN.
Dr. Khalid Mahmud
Founder / Former Physician
Dr. Mahmud was fully certified by the American Board of Anti-Aging Medicine and was a member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine since 1996. During this time, he received extensive and ongoing training by way of:
- Attending the Academy’s educational and scientific meetings
- Participating in numerous educational courses and seminars in the fields of nutrition, exercise, hormonal therapies, supplementation, prevention of disease, and skin anti-aging
- Subscribing to numerous periodicals and books on these subjects
Dr. Mahmud’s additional background included the following:
- Quadruple board certification in the fields of Anti-Aging Medicine, Internal Medicine, Hematology, and Oncology
- Fellow, American College of Physicians (FACP)
- Fomer Medical Advisor for the American Society of Asthetic LipoDissolve [ASAL]
- Practice of Medicine for 30 years in Minneapolis
- Former Associate Clinical Professor, University of Minnesota
- Former Chief of Medicine, North Memorial Medical Center, Minneapolis Minnesota
- Former Medical Director of Oncology, North Memorial Medical Center, Minneapolis
- Former member of the FDA panel on devices and radiological health
- Former Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Medisys, a Minnesota based national and public high technology homecare company
- Former Founder, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of American Telecare, Inc., a Minnesota based company that pioneered the field of “Home Telemedicine”, and received recognition as one of the 50 fastest growing twin cities private companies for four years
- Former member Board of Directors, American Academy of Homecare Physicians, and one of its founding members
- Former Chairperson, American Telemedicine Association Homecare Taskforce
- Former member Board of Directors, American Telemedicine Association
- Frequent national speaker
- Author of numerous articles in healthcare/medical/scientific journals
- Author, “Keeping aBreast: Ways to PREVENT Breast Cancer” (2005)
- Recipient of the 1988 Asian Pacific Minnesotan Award for Leadership in the field of Health from the Governor of Minnesota
- Recipient of a 5 page tribute in “Caring,” the official magazine of the National Association of Home Care
- Member, Board of Directors, and one of the founders of “The Little Hospice” in Edina, Minnesota
Clinic Manager, Esthetician
Lisa has been with Innovative Directions in Health since 2005. She is often the first person you meet coming into the clinic, as she sits behind the front desk. Lisa strives to build trust and long term relationships with clients and wears a number of hats in the clinic; managing business operations and patient accounts, Medical Esthetics, and Phlebotomy. She provides a wide variety of non-surgical treatments including; chemical peels, microdermabrasion, micro-needling, photo-facial skin rejuvenation and hair removal. She enjoys working with clients to help them achieve their personal skincare goals by recommending in-office treatments as well as pharmaceutical grade products for optimal results.
Lisa has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business from the University of WI, Eau Claire and received extensive Esthetics training and certification from St. Paul College. She continues to attend advanced seminars for product knowledge, new to the market treatment demos and clinic trainings/seminars for the latest anti-aging and preventative medicine news to share with patients.
When Lisa is not at work, she enjoys spending time traveling with her husband Justin and attending youth sporting events with her children, Braden and Alaina.
RN, Cosmetic Injector
Sarah graduated from St. Kate’s with a Registered Nurse (RN) / Bachelor of science degree in 2004. She graduated from Walden University with her Master’s degree in 2015 and is now a Family Nurse Practitioner (NP). Sarah currently works part-time as a RN and Injector at Innovative Directions in Health and works as a NP full-time at a different location focusing on primary and urgent care.
She has served in many different medical settings; hospital, clinical, behavioral health, plastic surgery, and administrative, bringing many areas of practical nursing to her experience.Sarah is passionate about helping patients safely and effectively enhance their quality of life by achieving their anti-aging goals of regaining balance and sense of self with bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. In addition, she is a highly trained Injector for Botox / Dysport and dermal fillers.
Sarah is dedicated to living a healthy lifestyle and loves to teach others about wellness to ways to live healthier. In her free time, she enjoys running, working out, reading, cooking vegan recipes and spending quality time with her daughter Tavanya.
Jill Porter, R.N.
RN, Injector Specialist
Jill is a Registered Nurse with a Bachelors of Art Degree. She worked as a surgical nurse for nearly 20 years before finding her true passion as a Nurse Injector. This combination gives her the unique opportunity to incorporate both art and medicine. In her free time she is a bronze and stone sculptor.
Jill brings with her over 10 years of experience obtaining natural-looking results for a youthful appearance by relaxing wrinkles with Botox & Dysport and adding volume with fillers such as Bellafill, Radiesse, Juvederm, Voluma, Restylane and Belotero. She is one of the top Nurse Injectors in the Twin Cities / Minneapolis / St. Paul area. Jill is a national Trainer for Bellafill and is proud to hold a Bellafill BellaDiamond status which places our clinic among the top 1% of Bellafill providers in the United States and Canada. She has an eye for beauty and can sculpt the face to give the right balance without looking as if “work” had been done.
Jill has personal experience with the power of bio-identical hormone replacement (BHRT) as a life-enhancing medical treatment for mid-life and beyond. Her special interests in healthy living, Bioidentical Hormone Therapy and longevity medicine are what brought her to seek her role with Innovative Directions in Health. She is continually updating her own regimen to keep up with new research and is excited to share her knowledge and cosmetic expertise with our patients.
Jill offers complimentary consultations for all of our cosmetic services and is available for telephone or email follow-up and discussion.